Maricopa County inspectors cited five Restaurants in the Phoenix area for four or more priority violations during the week of June 28th.
A primary violation is a major violation that directly adds to an increased risk of foodborne illness or injury. If indicated in the reports, the corrective actions implemented during the missions are included.
Below is a selection of the many restaurants that have been rated “A” for no violations.
Denny’s restaurant, 1994 W. Baseline Road, Tempe.
- Employee washed their hands for less than 10 seconds and someone else washed their hands with a bandage. | Instructions on how to properly wash your hands, including removing bandages.
- The waiter grabbed a piece of paper from the floor and then made drinks without washing his hands. The employee touched a pair of glasses and then grabbed the food. Cook grabbed raw eggs with gloved hands and then touched toast without washing his hands or changing gloves. A dishwasher touched dirty dishes and then touched clean dishes without washing its hands. | Instructions on how to wash your hands properly.
- Cooked hash browns chilled incorrectly. | Discarded.
- Sausages and ham are not kept hot enough. | Warmed up.
- Raw eggs, liquid eggs, boiled fajitas, boiled sausage, assorted cheeses, boiled corn, boiled macaroni and cheese parcels, and boiled broccoli parcels that are not kept cold enough. | Some items were thrown away and others moved to other coolers.
Chompies Deli, 9301 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 129, Scottsdale.
- The employee handled / cracked eggs and then touched and handled clean plates, cooked waffles and food without changing gloves and washing hands | Hands washed and ready-to-eat food that has been touched freshly prepared.
- Flies landed on bagels that were stored on the open shelf. | Discarded.
- Corned beef chilled incorrectly. | Discarded.
- Coleslaw, potato cakes, ham, corned beef, sliced ââtomatoes, hard-boiled eggs and salads that are not kept cold enough. | Some elements were moved to the cooler and others were discarded.
Cold Stone Creamery, 1649 S. Stapley Drive, Suite 102, Mesa.
- The employee served ice cream, took money, and served another customer without washing their hands or changing gloves. | It is recommended that you wash your hands when switching tasks between clients.
- Sweet cream ice cream product and chocolate ice cream not kept cold enough. | Relocated to the freezer.
- Opened milk container that has passed the expiry date | Discarded.
- Atmospheric vacuum breaker vault of the mop sink leaks when the water is turned on. | Repair before re-inspection.
Kuka sushi & izakaya, 1221 E. Apache Blvd., Suite 103, Tempe.
- Employees cut lemons for drinks with their bare hands. | Discarded.
- The dishwasher used did not contain any chlorine disinfectant. | Repaired.
- Squid salad, tofu, and mozzarella not kept cold enough. | Discarded.
- Squid salad stored past the expiration date. | Discarded.
Oregano’s Pizza Bistro, 37645 N. Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek.
- The employee washed their hands twice, for less than 20 seconds. | Corrected.
- The employee came back from the outdoor cooler, took off gloves and put on new gloves to work with food without washing his hands. | Corrected.
- No legible chlorine disinfectant in the bar dishwasher. | Corrected.
- Atmospheric vacuum breaker leaking on the dishwasher. | Gotta fix it.
Class A restaurants
Baileys Pub, 3414 W. Union Hills Drive, Suite 16.
Brothers Pizza, 10720 W. Indian School Road, Suite 13.
Federico’s Mexican Food, 2240 W. Indian School Road.
Honey Bear’s Grill, 5012 E. Van Buren St.
Knock Kneed Lobster, 3202 E. Washington St.
Burger King, 13725 N. Fountain Hills Blvd., Fountain Hills.
Que Bueno Restaurant, 13207 N. La Montana Drive, Fountain Hills.
Scottsdale Plaza Resort, 7200 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale.
The Phoenician Resort, 6000 E. Camelback Road, Scottsdale.
Tutti Santi Ristorante Italiano, 6339 E. Greenway Road, Suite 108, Scottsdale.
ATL Wings, 70 W. Warner Road, Suite 100, Chandler.
Pinot’s Palette, 2743 S. Market St., Suite 110, Gilbert.
Pita Jungle, 4 E. University Drive, Tempe.
Planet Smoothie CafÃ©, 444 W. Main St., Suite 100, Mesa.
Smokin Big Red BBQ, 20464 E. Riggs Road, Queen Creek.
Cucina Tagliani, 17045 N. 59th Avenue, Glendale.
Dickey’s BBQ Pit, 9860 W. Lower Buckeye Road, Tolleson.
Hurricane Grill & Wings, 11340 W. Bell Road, Suite 104, surprise.
IHOP, 1491 N. Dysart Road, Avondale.
Yan’s Chinese Food, 15557 W. Roosevelt St., Suite 101, Goodyear.
Source: Maricopa County Environmental Services